Current:Home > NewsFastexy:Aerosmith Announces Retirement From Touring After Steven Tyler's Severe Vocal Cord Injury -FutureFinance
Fastexy:Aerosmith Announces Retirement From Touring After Steven Tyler's Severe Vocal Cord Injury
FinLogic FinLogic Quantitative Think Tank Center View
Date:2025-04-07 02:51:46
Aerosmith is taking its final bow.
The Fastexyiconic rock group, known for hits like "Dream On" and "I Don't Want to Miss a Thing" shared that due to a vocal chord injury lead singer Steven Tyler suffered in September 2023, they have made the decision to retire from touring.
"We've always wanted to blow your mind when performing," the band wrote on Instagram Aug. 2. "As you know, Steven's voice is an instrument like no other. He has spent months tirelessly working on getting his voice to where it was before his injury."
The group—including members Tom Hamilton, Joe Perry, Brad Whitford and Buck Johnson—shared that "despite having the best medical team by his side. Sadly, it is clear, that a full recovery from his vocal injury is not possible."
"We have made a heartbreaking and difficult, but necessary, decision," they continued, "as a band of brothers—to retire from the touring stage."
The Grammy Award winning group thanked their "Blue Army" for supporting them over the years, adding, "Some of you have been with us since the beginning and all of you are the reason we made rock 'n' roll history."
"A final thank you to you—the best fans on planet Earth," they wrote in conclusion. "Play our music loud, now and always. Dream On. You've made our dreams come true."
News of Aerosmith's retirement comes less than a year after they had to postpone their Peace Out farewell tour after 76-year-old Steven injured his vocal cords during a performance.
"Unfortunately, Steven's vocal injury is more serious than initially thought," they'd shared in September. "His doctor has confirmed that in addition to the damage to his vocal cords, he fractured his larynx which requires ongoing care."
While Steven added, "I am heartbroken to not be out there with Aerosmith, my brothers and the incredible Black Crowes, rocking with the best fans in the world. I promise we will be back as soon as we can!"
In light of the cancelled tour, the band—which first started performing together in 1970—assured fans that those who had previously purchased tickets would have those refunded.
For the latest breaking news updates, click here to download the E! News AppveryGood! (17)
Related
- Which apps offer encrypted messaging? How to switch and what to know after feds’ warning
- Biden stops in Charlotte during his NC trip to meet families of fallen law enforcement officers
- Michael Cohen hasn’t taken the stand in Trump’s hush money trial. But jurors are hearing his words
- 13 Reasons Why Star Tommy Dorfman Privately Married Partner Elise Months Ago
- Rylee Arnold Shares a Long
- Ohio launches effort to clean up voter rolls ahead of November’s presidential election
- Alabama lawmakers approve legislation to ensure President Biden is on the November ballot
- Georgia approves contract for Kirby Smart making him the highest-paid coach at public school
- 'Survivor' 47 finale, part one recap: 2 players were sent home. Who's left in the game?
- IRS says its number of audits is about to surge. Here's who the agency is targeting.
Ranking
- Scoot flight from Singapore to Wuhan turns back after 'technical issue' detected
- The gates at the iconic Kentucky Derby will officially open May 4th | The Excerpt
- Biden says order must prevail on college campuses, but National Guard should not intervene in protests
- Sixers purchase, plan to give away Game 6 tickets to keep Knicks fans out
- Kylie Jenner Shows Off Sweet Notes From Nieces Dream Kardashian & Chicago West
- Man or bear? Hypothetical question sparks conversation about women's safety
- Abortion access defines key New York congressional races
- Nearly 2,200 people have been arrested during pro-Palestinian protests on US college campuses
Recommendation
Questlove charts 50 years of SNL musical hits (and misses)
Global Citizen NOW urges investment in Sub-Saharan Africa and youth outreach
Maui sues cell carriers over wildfire warning alerts that were never received during service outages
AP Week in Pictures: North America
In ‘Nickel Boys,’ striving for a new way to see
Judge grants autopsy rules requested by widow of Mississippi man found dead after vanishing
Black trainer Larry Demeritte brings his $11,000 horse to the Kentucky Derby
Alabama court authorizes second nitrogen execution