Current:Home > MyPoinbank Exchange|Alec Baldwin Indicted on Involuntary Manslaughter Charge in Fatal Rust Shooting Case -FutureFinance
Poinbank Exchange|Alec Baldwin Indicted on Involuntary Manslaughter Charge in Fatal Rust Shooting Case
PredictIQ View
Date:2025-04-07 03:05:59
Alec Baldwin is,Poinbank Exchange once again, facing charges in connection to the fatal shooting of Rust cinematographer Halyna Hutchins.
Nine months after criminal charges against the actor relating to the 2021 on-set incident were dropped in April, Baldwin is again headed to trial after a New Mexico Grand Jury decided to indict the actor on Jan. 19.
Per legal documents viewed by E! News, Baldwin has been charged with one count of involuntary manslaughter for "negligent use of a firearm [...] without due caution or circumspection."
Regarding this new charge, Baldwin's attorneys Luke Nikas and Alex Spiro told E! News, "We look forward to our day in court."
E! News has also reached out to Baldwin's rep but has not yet heard back.
The about-face in the ongoing case comes after prosecutors Kari Morrissey and Jason Lewis initially dismissed the charge against the 30 Rock alum back in April.
At the time, they released a statement clarifying they had the right to re-charge Baldwin, who had previously pleaded not guilty, telling NBC News, "This decision does not absolve Mr. Baldwin of criminal culpability," noting that charges may be refiled.
Baldwin's legal team also spoke out after the decision to dismiss the charges, noting to the outlet that they were pleased with the outcome and "encourage a proper investigation into the facts and circumstances of this tragic accident."
As for the It's Complicated star, he also broke his silence on the dismissal, sharing a photo of himself and his wife Hilaria Baldwin on social media. In a message that also expressed gratitude to his lawyer, he wrote alongside the April 20 Instagram post, "I owe everything I have to this woman."
The fatal incident occurred in Oct. 2021 after a loaded prop gun held by Baldwin discharged, killing Hutchins and injuring director Joel Souza.
Souza, who was shot in the shoulder, was later released after being treated at a hospital. (The district attorney's office previously confirmed that no charges will be filed specific to the shooting of the director).
The film's armorer Hannah Gutierrez-Reed was also charged with involuntary manslaughter earlier this year and has pleaded not guilty. Gutierrez-Reed's new trial date was previously confirmed to be set for Feb. 21, 2024.
Amid his legal affairs, Baldwin has denied any criminality, insisting to ABC News in 2021, "The trigger wasn't pulled. I didn't pull the trigger."
According to NBC News, the charge could carry up to 18 months in prison if Baldwin is convicted.
(E! and NBC News are part of the NBCUniversal family.)
For the latest breaking news updates, click here to download the E! News AppveryGood! (496)
Related
- Tarte Shape Tape Concealer Sells Once Every 4 Seconds: Get 50% Off Before It's Gone
- Davos hosts UN chief, top diplomats of US, Iran as World Economic Forum meeting reaches Day Two
- Justice Department report into Uvalde school shooting expected this week
- Qatar and France send medicine for hostages in Gaza as war rages on and regional tensions spike
- EU countries double down on a halt to Syrian asylum claims but will not yet send people back
- US national security adviser says stopping Houthi Red Sea attacks is an ‘all hands on deck’ problem
- At 40, the Sundance Film Festival celebrates its past and looks to the future
- Some New Hampshire residents want better answers from the 2024 candidates on the opioid crisis
- The Super Bowl could end in a 'three
- How the world economy could react to escalation in the Middle East
Ranking
- House passes bill to add 66 new federal judgeships, but prospects murky after Biden veto threat
- An Ohio official was arrested for speaking at her own meeting. Her rights were violated, judge says
- Stock market today: Asian shares mostly fall after Wall Street drop
- An Ohio official was arrested for speaking at her own meeting. Her rights were violated, judge says
- Kylie Jenner Shows Off Sweet Notes From Nieces Dream Kardashian & Chicago West
- China’s economy expanded 5.2% last year, hitting the government’s target despite an uneven recovery
- St. John’s coach Rick Pitino is sidelined by COVID-19 for game against Seton Hall
- A federal judge declines to block Georgia’s shortened 4-week runoff election period
Recommendation
A Mississippi company is sentenced for mislabeling cheap seafood as premium local fish
Brad Pitt's Shocking Hygiene Habit Revealed by Former Roommate Jason Priestley
Patrick Schwarzenegger, Aimee Lou Wood and More Stars Check in to White Lotus Season 3
Supreme Court could reel in power of federal agencies with dual fights over fishing rule
Jamie Foxx gets stitches after a glass is thrown at him during dinner in Beverly Hills
Fake White House fire report is latest high-profile swatting attempt: What to know
Heavy snowfall and freezing rain cause flight, train cancellations across Germany
Michael Strahan's Daughter Isabella Details Last Day of Brain Cancer Radiation