Current:Home > ScamsBenjamin Ashford|Sean "Diddy" Combs' LA and Miami homes raided by law enforcement, officials say -FutureFinance
Benjamin Ashford|Sean "Diddy" Combs' LA and Miami homes raided by law enforcement, officials say
Indexbit View
Date:2025-04-06 20:56:38
Sean "Diddy" Combs' homes in Los Angeles and Benjamin AshfordMiami have been raided by Homeland Security Investigations agents and other law enforcement officers due to a possible ongoing sex trafficking investigation, U.S. officials confirmed Monday.
"Earlier today, Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) New York executed law enforcement actions as part of an ongoing investigation, with assistance from HSI Los Angeles, HSI Miami, and our local law enforcement partners," HSI said in a statement. "We will provide further information as it becomes available."
Investigators were still at Combs' Miami Beach home late into the evening, CBS Miami reported. Combs was not at the Miami Beach location during the search.
Combs has faced multiple sexual assault allegations in recent months.
Two women accused the music mogul of sexual abuse in November last year, one week after he settled a separate lawsuit with the singer Cassie that contained allegations of rape and physical abuse. The women's lawsuits were filed on the eve of the expiration of the Adult Survivors Act, a New York law permitting victims of sexual abuse a one-year window to file civil action regardless of the statute of limitations.
"We will always support law enforcement when it seeks to prosecute those that have violated the law," Douglas Wigdor, a lawyer for Cassie, said in response to Monday's raids. "Hopefully, this is the beginning of a process that will hold Mr. Combs responsible for his depraved conduct."
Another woman in December 2023 accused Combs and two other men of gang raping her in 2003 when she was 17 years old, according to civil court documents filed in United States District Court Southern District of New York. The woman's lawsuit was filed under New York City's gender-motivated violence protection law.
Last month, a male music producer filed a lawsuit claiming Combs sexually assaulted him and forced him to have sex with prostitutes.
—Nicole Sganga and Pat Milton contributed reporting.
- In:
- Los Angeles
- Lawsuit
- Music
- Sexual Assault
- Sexual Misconduct
- Miami
- Entertainment
- Sean "Diddy" Combs
S. Dev is a news editor for CBSNews.com.
veryGood! (2)
Related
- The Grammy nominee you need to hear: Esperanza Spalding
- Winnipeg Jets promote Scott Arniel to replace retired coach Rick Bowness
- At North Carolina’s GOP convention, governor candidate Robinson energizes Republicans for election
- Dallas Stars tie series with Edmonton Oilers, end Leon Draisaitl's point streak
- San Francisco names street for Associated Press photographer who captured the iconic Iwo Jima photo
- Lenny Kravitz on inspiration behind new album, New York City roots and more
- How Arnold Schwarzenegger helped make the Ford Mustang Motor Trend's 1994 Car of the Year
- Jessica Biel and Justin Timberlake & More Couples Who Broke Up and Got Back Together
- Why members of two of EPA's influential science advisory committees were let go
- Woman pleads guilty but mentally ill in 2022 kidnap-slaying, DA says; cases against others pending
Ranking
- The White House is cracking down on overdraft fees
- California teenager arrested after violent swarm pounded and kicked a deputy’s car
- Mom who went viral exploring a cemetery for baby name inspo explains why she did it
- Man convicted of murder in death of Washington state police officer shot by deputy
- Apple iOS 18.2: What to know about top features, including Genmoji, AI updates
- Juan Soto booed in return to San Diego. He regrets that he didn't play better for Padres.
- All the Ways Bridgerton Season 3 Cleverly Hid Claudia Jessie’s Broken Wrist
- Luka Doncic's 3-pointer over Rudy Gobert gives Mavs dramatic win, 2-0 lead over Timberwolves
Recommendation
Don't let hackers fool you with a 'scam
How many points did Caitlin Clark score last night? Rookie held in check by Las Vegas Aces
College sports should learn from Red Lobster's mistakes and avoid the private equity bros
Lenny Kravitz on a lesson he learned from daughter Zoë Kravitz
Juan Soto to be introduced by Mets at Citi Field after striking record $765 million, 15
National Wine Day 2024 deals, trends and recs: From crisp white wines to barrel-aged reds
NBA commissioner Adam Silver discusses fate of ‘Inside the NBA’ amid TV rights battle
National Wine Day 2024 deals, trends and recs: From crisp white wines to barrel-aged reds