Current:Home > MarketsOliver James Montgomery-Teen Mom's Jenelle Evans Reacts After Son Jace Says He Feels "Safer" Without Her Ex David Eason -FutureFinance
Oliver James Montgomery-Teen Mom's Jenelle Evans Reacts After Son Jace Says He Feels "Safer" Without Her Ex David Eason
TradeEdge View
Date:2025-04-06 20:05:05
Jenelle Evans is Oliver James Montgomeryready for her family to move forward.
After splitting from David Eason following six years of marriage, the Teen Mom 2 alum sat down with her 15-year-old son Jace Evans—who she shares with ex Andrew Lewis—to see how he was handling her estranged husband's absence.
"I feel a lot safer," Jace told Jenelle in a clip of MTV's Teen Mom: The Next Chapter season finale shared to TikTok Sept. 13, "without David."
He added, "He's gone now. I'm, like, fine."
And the matriarch—who is also mom to Kaiser, 9, from a previous relationship, and daughter Ensley, 7, with David—was able to breathe a sigh of relief in return. "I'm sorry it didn't happen sooner," Jenelle said, "but I was trying."
And while she was happy that Jace felt more comfortable in their new normal, the 16 & Pregnant alum wanted to clear the air on any lingering emotions her son might feel about her relationship with David, who she previously described as "emotionally abusive."
She asked Jace, "Do you feel any anger or resentment towards me?"
For the teenager, the answer wasn't a simple yes or no. "[At] the time, I did," Jace explained, "but now that we're out of all this crazy drama, it's just calm. Everything is good now."
Jenelle filed a complaint for separation from David in a North Carolina court back in March, according to documents obtained by The Sun at the time. In the filing, the 32-year-old said that the pair called it quits with "the intent that the separation be permanent" and alleged that David had "exhibited concerning and at times disturbing behavior" toward her throughout their marriage.
The request came three months after David was indicted by a grand jury on child abuse charges stemming from a September 2023 incident between him and Jace, which are still pending. David has since denied all the allegations in a statement to E! News, saying, "I can not elaborate on any of that at this time but I can tell you that those things did not happen."
As for Jenelle, she filed a restraining order against David in May and has since cited gaining full custody of Jace from her mom Barbara Evans in March 2023 as the main catalyst for deciding to walk away from their marriage.
"I didn't want anything, anything to come in between that," Jenelle told E! News in June, adding of David, "So for him to come in between that, it was just a real breaking point for me as well. I've been at the battle for Jace for years, and it's like, he's finally here. So I'm not messing that up."
For the latest breaking news updates, click here to download the E! News AppveryGood! (5)
Related
- Off the Grid: Sally breaks down USA TODAY's daily crossword puzzle, Triathlon
- How Jon Bon Jovi Really Feels About Son Jake Bongiovi and Fiancé Millie Bobby Brown's Relationship
- Oklahoma’s oldest Native American school, Bacone College, is threatened by debts and disrepair
- Lionel Messi, David Beckham, Inter Miami hear boos after Messi sits out Hong Kong friendly
- Jamie Foxx reps say actor was hit in face by a glass at birthday dinner, needed stitches
- Last year's marine heat waves were unprecedented, forcing researchers to make 3 new coral reef bleaching alert levels
- Miley Cyrus Makes First Red Carpet Appearance in 10 Months at Grammys 2024
- Grammys 2024: Nothing in This World Compares to Paris Hilton’s Sweet Update on Motherhood
- Macy's says employee who allegedly hid $150 million in expenses had no major 'impact'
- At least 46 were killed in Chile as forest fires move into densely populated areas
Ranking
- Person accused of accosting Rep. Nancy Mace at Capitol pleads not guilty to assault charge
- What Vision Zero Has And Hasn't Accomplished
- A guide to the perfect Valentine's Day nails, from pink French tips to dark looks
- 'It sucks getting old': Jon Lester on Red Sox, Cubs and his future Hall of Fame prospects
- Juan Soto to be introduced by Mets at Citi Field after striking record $765 million, 15
- The New America’s Team: How the Chiefs have become the new ‘it team’ in professional sports
- 'Senior Swifties': Retirement center goes viral for 'Swag Surfin' to cheer on Chiefs
- Masturbation abstinence is popular online. Doctors and therapists are worried
Recommendation
B.A. Parker is learning the banjo
Lionel Messi, Inter Miami preseason match in Hong Kong: How to watch, highlights, score
Neighborhood Reads lives up to its name by building community in Missouri
John Bolton says Nikki Haley should stay in 2024 presidential primary race through the GOP convention
Man can't find second winning lottery ticket, sues over $394 million jackpot, lawsuit says
Glen Powell Responds to His Mom Describing His Past Styles as Douchey
5.1 magnitude earthquake near Oklahoma City felt in 5 states, USGS says
Masturbation abstinence is popular online. Doctors and therapists are worried