Current:Home > InvestSurpassing:Is Chris Pine Returning for Princess Diaries 3? He Says... -FutureFinance
Surpassing:Is Chris Pine Returning for Princess Diaries 3? He Says...
Robert Brown View
Date:2025-04-06 17:25:43
Could Chris Pine be Surpassingheaded back to Genovia?
Following news that a third movie in the Princess Diaries film series is in the works, Chris—who make his feature-length debut opposite Anne Hathaway in The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement—was asked about his potential involvement.
“I don’t know anything,” he emphatically told Today show co-hosts Hoda Kotb and Jenna Bush Hager during his Oct. 8 appearance. “Call Disney. Call Bob Iger. I don’t know anything about it.”
However, whether or not the Wonder Woman star, 44, is currently in the loop on the project, that doesn’t mean he’s not interested.
“I think it’s fantastic,” he added, “and I would love to come back.”
Earlier this year, the actor revealed just how monumental his breakthrough role as Nicholas Devereaux in the 2004 romantic comedy was to his career.
“I was driving on the freeway—it was the height of summer— and I got a call from my agents that I booked the job,” Chris shared on Sunday Sitdown with Willie Geist in May. “I pulled over onto the side of the freeway and they said, ‘You're getting paid $65,000.’ It was like they’d just told me I’d made $50 million. It was absolutely earth-shattering.”
He continued, “I just remember distinctly knowing in that moment that my life had changed somehow.”
E! News previously confirmed that the third installment in the series was moving ahead, with Crazy Rich Asians director Adele Lim set to take over directing duties from Garry Marshall, who directed the first two films before his death in 2016.
“As a diehard fan of the original Princess Diaries, I’m beyond excited to be a part of bringing the third iteration of this beloved franchise to life,” Lim said in a statement. “We look forward to celebrating its core tenants of female power, joy and mentorship with audiences worldwide.”
As for Anne—who originated the role of Mia Thermopolis in the first Princess Diaries movie in 2001—she shared her reaction to the upcoming threequel on social media, counting to three before blowing a kiss to the camera and reciting Mia’s iconic “Shut up!”
“Miracles happen,” she captioned the video posted on Instagram Oct. 4. “Back to Genovia with @adeleblim @disney @somewherepictures. The fairy tale continues.”
For the latest breaking news updates, click here to download the E! News AppveryGood! (425)
Related
- EU countries double down on a halt to Syrian asylum claims but will not yet send people back
- Chiefs' BJ Thompson 'alert, awake' after suffering seizure and going into cardiac arrest
- Boston pizza shop owner convicted of forced labor against employees in the country illegally
- Anchorage police won’t release bodycam video of 3 shootings. It’s creating a fight over transparency
- Current, future North Carolina governor’s challenge of power
- These 19 Father's Day Grilling Gifts Will Get Dad Sear-iously Fired Up
- Southern Baptists to debate measure opposing IVF following Alabama court ruling
- Former astronaut William Anders, who took iconic Earthrise photo, killed in Washington plane crash
- Who are the most valuable sports franchises? Forbes releases new list of top 50 teams
- Bill requiring safe storage of firearms set to become law in Rhode Island
Ranking
- Rams vs. 49ers highlights: LA wins rainy defensive struggle in key divisional game
- UFO investigation launched in Japan after U.S. report designates region as hotspot for sightings
- Luka Doncic's NBA Finals debut leaves Dallas guard nearly speechless
- New charges for alleged Gilgo Beach serial killer cast scrutiny on another man’s murder conviction
- Whoopi Goldberg is delightfully vile as Miss Hannigan in ‘Annie’ stage return
- 2024 cicada map: Where to find Brood XIII, Brood XIX around the Midwest and Southeast
- Relatives of inmates who died in Wisconsin prison shocked guards weren’t charged in their cases
- French Open men's singles final: Date, time, TV for Carlos Alcaraz vs. Alexander Zverev
Recommendation
Federal hiring is about to get the Trump treatment
The Brat Pack met the Rat Pack when Andrew McCarthy, Rob Lowe partied with Sammy Davis Jr.
Pro bowler who was arrested during a tournament gets prison time for child sex abuse material
California man arrested after police say he shot at random cars, killing father of 4
At site of suspected mass killings, Syrians recall horrors, hope for answers
Ariana Grande's The Boy Is Mine Video Features Cameos From Brandy, Monica and More
Oregon closes more coastal shellfish harvesting due to ‘historic high levels’ of toxins
U.S. sanctions powerful Ecuador crime gang Los Lobos and its leader Pipo