Current:Home > ScamsTrendPulse|New evidence emerges in Marilyn Manson case, Los Angeles DA says -FutureFinance
TrendPulse|New evidence emerges in Marilyn Manson case, Los Angeles DA says
Charles Langston View
Date:2025-04-06 15:31:16
New evidence has emerged as part of an investigation into Marilyn Manson,TrendPulse the controversial rock star who has been accused of sexual abuse by numerous women, according to prosecutors.
Los Angeles County District Attorney George Gascón said Wednesday that prosecutors from his office's sex crimes division are "carefully reviewing new leads and additional evidence that continue to come to our attention" from a Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department investigation into Manson, whose real name is Brian Warner.
"New evidence has emerged within the last few weeks, adding to an already extensive case file presented to our office by the LASD," Gascón said. "It is our office's responsibility to ensure that we have a complete picture of the admissible evidence available before making a filing decision."
Gascón added that senior staff members have met with alleged victims, and "our prosecutors continue to remain in contact with the victims and their representatives throughout this process."
USA TODAY has reached out to Manson's attorney for comment. In a statement issued in 2021, the singer maintained, "My intimate relationships have always been entirely consensual with like-minded partners. Regardless of how — and why — others are now choosing to misrepresent the past, that is the truth."
Need a break? Play the USA TODAY Daily Crossword Puzzle.
A timeline of Marilyn Mansonabuse claims, including Evan Rachel Wood, Esmé Bianco
Manson has in recent years faced numerous allegations of abuse, which he has consistently denied. In February 2021, the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department confirmed it was "investigating allegation(s) of domestic violence involving" the rocker and said the "incidents occurred between 2009 and 2011," when he lived in West Hollywood. Authorities searched Manson's home in November 2021.
By September 2022, the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department turned over its 19-month sexual abuse investigation into Manson to Gascón for a decision on whether to bring charges, according to the Los Angeles Times. In the statement issued on Wednesday, Gascón said his office anticipates "making a filing decision soon."
Marilyn Mansoncompletes mandated Alcoholics Anonymous after blowing nose on videographer
Manson has been sued by numerous accusers, including "Game of Thrones" star Esmé Bianco, who alleged sexual assault. Manson and Bianco reached a settlement in 2023. A lawsuit brought by Manson's former personal assistant, Ashley Walters, alleging sexual assault is scheduled to go to trial in 2025, according to Rolling Stone. One accuser who sued the singer for sexual assault, Ashley Morgan Smithline, recanted her allegations last year.
"Westworld" star Evan Rachel Wood also came forward on Instagram in February 2021 to allege that Manson, her ex-fiancé, "started grooming me when I was a teenager and horrifically abused me for years." She discussed her allegations further in a 2022 HBO series, "Phoenix Rising." Before the documentary aired, Manson sued the actress for defamation. Portions of his lawsuit were dismissed last year.
veryGood! (6239)
Related
- Sarah J. Maas books explained: How to read 'ACOTAR,' 'Throne of Glass' in order.
- Gigi Hadid Shares Rare Look at 4-Year-Old Daughter Khai in New Photos
- Voters deciding dozens of ballot measures affecting life, death, taxes and more
- A former Trump aide and a longtime congressman are likely to win in high-profile Georgia races
- Current, future North Carolina governor’s challenge of power
- Travis Kelce, Kim Kardashian, Justin Bieber and More Stars Who've Met the President Over the Years
- People — and salmon — return to restored Klamath to celebrate removal of 4 dams
- Sara Foster Confirms Breakup From Tommy Haas, Shares Personal Update Amid Separation
- The White House is cracking down on overdraft fees
- James Van Der Beek, Jenna Fischer and the rise of young people getting cancer
Ranking
- Paula Abdul settles lawsuit with former 'So You Think You Can Dance' co
- Hogan and Alsobrooks face off in Maryland race that could sway US Senate control
- Barry Keoghan Slams Accusations He's a Deadbeat Dad to 2-Year-Old Son Brando
- Pregnant Gisele Bündchen and Boyfriend Joaquim Valente Bond With Her Kids in Miami
- Apple iOS 18.2: What to know about top features, including Genmoji, AI updates
- Connecticut to decide on constitution change to make mail-in voting easier
- 3 stocks that could be big winners if Kamala Harris wins but the GOP controls Congress
- Central Michigan voters are deciding 2 open congressional seats in the fight for the US House
Recommendation
Head of the Federal Aviation Administration to resign, allowing Trump to pick his successor
MLB free agent rankings: Soto, Snell lead top 120 players for 2024-2025
Jason Kelce apologizes for role in incident involving heckler's homophobic slur
Man arrested on suspicion of plotting to blow up Nashville energy facility
Dick Vitale announces he is cancer free: 'Santa Claus came early'
A Quaker who helps migrants says US presidential election will make no difference at the border
Jonathan Haze, who played Seymour in 'The Little Shop of Horrors,' dies at 95: Reports
Democrats hope to keep winning streak alive in Washington governor’s race