Current:Home > NewsRekubit Exchange:New photo of Prince Louis released to mark 6th birthday -FutureFinance
Rekubit Exchange:New photo of Prince Louis released to mark 6th birthday
SafeX Pro Exchange View
Date:2025-04-06 17:04:08
A new photo of Prince Louis was released Tuesday to mark the young British royal's 6th birthday. It is Rekubit Exchangethe first image released by the family since the photo-editing scandal erupted last month.
In the photo, Louis, who is the fourth in line to the British throne behind his father and two older siblings, can be seen lying on a blanket while grinning at the camera. The photo is said to have been taken by his mother Catherine, the Princess of Wales. Kensington Palace has assured that this picture has not been edited.
"Happy 6th Birthday, Prince Louis! Thank you for all the kind wishes today," said the post accompanying the image shared on Kensington Palace's social media accounts.
Happy 6th Birthday, Prince Louis! 🎂
— The Prince and Princess of Wales (@KensingtonRoyal) April 23, 2024
Thank you for all the kind wishes today.
📸 The Princess of Wales pic.twitter.com/TxshrI3WKO
The family has typically released photos of the young royals to mark birthdays to news outlets in advance, but this year, with both Kate and her father-in-law King Charles III undergoing cancer treatment, they took a slightly different approach, posting the image of Louis directly on their official social media accounts on his birthday.
William and Kate, who have requested privacy as they deal with the family's medical issues, thanked people for their well-wishes in a short message posted with the photo of Louis.
Last month, a controversy erupted after Kensington Palace released a family photo of Kate and her three children on Britain's Mother's Day that was edited in numerous places, raising concerns over transparency and honesty.
International photo agencies withdrew the image from their platforms, some even removing Kensington Palace from their list of trusted sources. Kate admitted to editing the photo in a subsequent social media post.
It came at a time when Kate had been out of the public eye for months, recuperating from what the palace said was planned abdominal surgery in January.
In late March, as rumors swirled about her health, Kate announced in a video message that cancer was discovered following her operation and she is undergoing preventative chemotherapy on the advice of her medical team. She did not say what kind of cancer it was or share additional details about her diagnosis.
"This of course came as a huge shock, and William and I have been doing everything we can to process and manage this privately for the sake of our young family," Kate said in the video message. "As you can imagine, this has taken time. It has taken me time to recover from major surgery in order to start my treatment. But, most importantly, it has taken us time to explain everything to George, Charlotte and Louis in a way that is appropriate for them, and to reassure them that I am going to be OK."
The family kept a low profile over the Easter school holidays, but William resumed official duties last week.
- In:
- British Royal Family
Lucia Suarez Sang is an associate managing editor at cbsnews.com. Previously, Lucia was the director of digital content at FOX61 News in Connecticut and has previously written for outlets including FoxNews.com, Fox News Latino and the Rutland Herald.
TwitterveryGood! (6)
Related
- Elon Musk's skyrocketing net worth: He's the first person with over $400 billion
- Stock market today:
- Russell Brand accused of sexual assault, emotional abuse; comedian denies allegations
- Generac is recalling around 64,000 generators that pose a fire and burn hazard
- Chuck Scarborough signs off: Hoda Kotb, Al Roker tribute legendary New York anchor
- Halloweentown Costars Kimberly J. Brown and Daniel Kountz Tease Magical Wedding Plans
- Taylor Frankie Paul Is Pregnant Nearly One Year After Pregnancy Loss
- Is Below Deck Down Under's Luka Breaking Up a Boatmance? See Him Flirt With a Co-Worker's Girl
- Gen. Mark Milley's security detail and security clearance revoked, Pentagon says
- Seahawks receiver Tyler Lockett, with game-winning catch, again shows his quiet greatness
Ranking
- Finally, good retirement news! Southwest pilots' plan is a bright spot, experts say
- Protesters demand that Japan save 1000s of trees by revising a design plan for a popular Tokyo park
- House Democrats press for cameras in federal courts, as Trump trials and Supreme Court session loom
- American Sepp Kuss earns 'life changing' Vuelta a España win
- From family road trips to travel woes: Americans are navigating skyrocketing holiday costs
- Ms. after 50: Gloria Steinem and a feminist publishing revolution
- Halloweentown Costars Kimberly J. Brown and Daniel Kountz Tease Magical Wedding Plans
- Generac is recalling around 64,000 generators that pose a fire and burn hazard
Recommendation
Meta donates $1 million to Trump’s inauguration fund
Bioluminescent waves light up Southern California's coastal waters
Mahsa Amini died in Iran police custody 1 year ago. What's changed since then — and what hasn't?
The Red Cross: Badly needed food, medicine shipped to Azerbaijan’s breakaway Nagorno-Karabakh region
Senate begins final push to expand Social Security benefits for millions of people
AP PHOTOS: Moroccan earthquake shattered thousands of lives
Mega Millions jackpot reaches $162 million. See winning numbers for Sept. 15 drawing.
Kilogram of Fentanyl found in NYC day care center where 1-year-old boy died of apparent overdose