Current:Home > InvestSignalHub Quantitative Think Tank Center:You Need to See Princess Charlotte’s Royally Cute 9th Birthday Portrait -FutureFinance
SignalHub Quantitative Think Tank Center:You Need to See Princess Charlotte’s Royally Cute 9th Birthday Portrait
Surpassing Quant Think Tank Center View
Date:2025-04-07 01:31:36
Bow down for Princess Charlotte on SignalHub Quantitative Think Tank Centerher special day.
After all, Prince William and Kate Middleton shared the sweetest photo of their daughter on May 2 to celebrate her 9th birthday.
Alongside the photo taken by the Princess of Wales, the couple wrote in the Instagram caption, "Happy 9th Birthday, Princess Charlotte! Thank you for all of the kind messages today."
Donning a denim skirt and a blue crewneck with a ruffled collar peeking out underneath a maroon cardigan, Charlotte smiled as she leaned against some flowers.
William and Kate—who are also parents to Prince George, 10, and Prince Louis, 6—have a tradition of taking birthday portraits of their children. In fact, Louis celebrated his birthday April 23 and the couple couldn't help but share an adorable snap to honor his special day.
As expected, birthdays are definitely special occasions for their family, and Kate gave insight into some of their longstanding traditions.
"I love making the birthday cake," she revealed on Mary Berry's A Berry Royal Christmas special in 2021. "It's become a bit of a tradition that I stay up 'til midnight with ridiculous amounts of cake mix and icing, and I make far too much. But I love it."
But this year's birthdays may look a little different as Kate—who shared in March that she'd been diagnosed with cancer—has stepped away from the spotlight to focus on her health. While announcing the news, the 42-year-old explained that she wanted to tell their kids before informing the public.
"William and I have been doing everything we can to process and manage this privately for the sake of our young family," Kate said in a video message. "It has taken me time to recover from major surgery in order to start my treatment. But, most importantly, it has taken us time to explain everything to George, Charlotte and Louis in a way that is appropriate for them and to reassure them that I am going to be OK."
She also provided a health update, adding, "As I have said to them, I am well and getting stronger every day by focusing on the things that will help me heal in my mind, body and spirits."
Keep reading to see more updates from royals around the world.
On April 26, nearly three months after sharing his cancer diagnosis, Buckingham Palace announced that Charles will return to public-facing duties.
The queen consort attended the Royal Maundy Service on March 28 in place of King Charles III, making her the first spouse of the Monarch to continue the ancient tradition.
In a March 22 video message, the Princess of Wales shared that she'd been diagnosed with cancer after undergoing abdominal surgery in January.
"It was thought that my condition was non-cancerous. The surgery was successful," she said before noting that tests after the operation found cancer had been present. "My medical team therefore advised that I should undergo a course of preventative chemotherapy and I am now in the early stages of that treatment."
After photo agencies pulled the picture Kensington Palace shared of Kate since having her abdominal surgery on March 10, the Princess of Wales addressed claims the photo was doctored.
"Like many amateur photographers, I do occasionally experiment with editing," she tweeted on March 11. "I wanted to express my apologies for any confusion the family photograph we shared yesterday caused. I hope everyone celebrating had a very happy Mother's Day. C."
Princess Diana's niece celebrated Mother's Day in the U.K. by sharing she and her husband Michael Lewis privately welcomed their first baby.
“It’s the joy of my life to be your mummy, little one. I love you unconditionally," she captioned her March 10 Instagram post. "Happy Mother’s Day to those who celebrate today."
After keeping up her full slate of engagements in the wake of her husband's cancer diagnosis, the palace cleared Camilla's schedule.
The Times pointed out March 2 that the 76-year-old didn't have any engagements on her calendar until March 11, when she'd be due at Westminster Abbey to observe Commonwealth Day.
The husband of Lady Gabriella Windsor and ex-boyfriend of Pippa Middleton, was found dead Feb. 25. Days later, a coroner's inquest found that he died by suicide.
While King Charles III was in the hospital for his benign prostate enlargement procedure, the royal family member was diagnosed with cancer.
"His Majesty has today commenced a schedule of regular treatments, during which time he has been advised by doctors to postpone public-facing duties," Buckingham Palace said Feb. 5. "Throughout this period, His Majesty will continue to undertake State business and official paperwork as usual.The King is grateful to his medical team for their swift intervention, which was made possible thanks to his recent hospital procedure. He remains wholly positive about his treatment and looks forward to returning to full public duty as soon as possible."
The Duchess of York's rep said in a statement on Jan. 21 that Sarah was recently diagnosed with malignant melanoma, an aggressive form of skin cancer. Several months prior, she underwent a single mastectomy to treat breast cancer.
On Jan. 14, Queen Margrethe II of Denmark made history as she officially abdicated the throne, handing the crown over to her son, now known as King Frederik the 10th.
Kensington Palace announced on Jan. 17 that Kate Middleton underwent planned abdominal surgery and was set to remain in the hospital for 10 to 14 days.
"Based on the current medical advice," the Palace said, "she is unlikely to return to public duties until after Easter."
Amid Kate's recovery, Prince William postponed a number of engagements as he supported his family, including the couple's three children, Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis.
Shortly after Kate's hospitalization was made public, Buckingham Palace shared that Charles "has sought treatment for an enlarged prostate."
"His Majesty's condition is benign and he will attend hospital next week for a corrective procedure," the statement added. "The King’s public engagements will be postponed for a short period of recuperation."
Princess Claire and Prince Felix of Luxembourg welcomed son Balthazar Felix Karl on Jan. 7, the first royal baby of the New Year!
For the latest breaking news updates, click here to download the E! News AppveryGood! (732)
Related
- Sarah J. Maas books explained: How to read 'ACOTAR,' 'Throne of Glass' in order.
- Key swing state faces ‘daunting’ level of uncertainty after storm ravages multiple counties
- Hurricane Helene Lays Bare the Growing Threat of Inland Flooding
- All smiles, Prince Harry returns to the UK for children's charity event
- Juan Soto praise of Mets' future a tough sight for Yankees, but World Series goal remains
- Frank Fritz of the reality TV Show ‘American Pickers’ dies at 60
- Streets of mud: Helene dashes small town's hopes in North Carolina
- Will anyone hit 74 homers? Even Aaron Judge thinks MLB season record is ‘a little untouchable’
- SFO's new sensory room helps neurodivergent travelers fight flying jitters
- The Latest: VP candidates Vance and Walz meet in last scheduled debate for 2024 tickets
Ranking
- John Galliano out at Maison Margiela, capping year of fashion designer musical chairs
- Maryland announces juvenile justice reforms and launch of commission
- Sam Schmidt opens paralysis center in Indianapolis to rehabilitate trauma victims
- Dating today is a dumpster fire. Here’s a guide to viral toxic terms.
- Don't let hackers fool you with a 'scam
- Dead inmate identified as suspect in 1995 disappearance of 6-year-old Morgan Nick
- Katy Perry wears zippered bag dress to Balenciaga's Paris Fashion Week show
- Would Suits’ Sarah Rafferty Return for the L.A. Spinoff? She Says…
Recommendation
SFO's new sensory room helps neurodivergent travelers fight flying jitters
John Amos, 'Good Times' and 'Roots' trailblazer and 'Coming to America' star, dies at 84
Adrien Brody Has Iconic Reaction to Kim Kardashian Mistaking Him for Adam Brody
Bachelor Nation's Kendall Long Is Pregnant, Expecting First Baby With Husband Mitchell Sagely
Costco membership growth 'robust,' even amid fee increase: What to know about earnings release
Will anyone hit 74 homers? Even Aaron Judge thinks MLB season record is ‘a little untouchable’
Closing arguments expected in trial of 3 former Memphis officers charged in Tyre Nichols’ death
Dead inmate identified as suspect in 1995 disappearance of 6-year-old Morgan Nick